Friday, March 25, 2011

Spandex cures most things

We had our own little testimony meeting on Sunday before we left AZ to come back to Provo. One of the girls expressed gratitude for being with the Tri Club--she vanquished loneliness by wearing spandex at 5:30 a.m. to train. I feel like we could all use more spandex.
So, let's talk about the swim for a bit. You know when you jump into cold water and you feel your lungs collapsing? Yeah, so do I. So, I couldn't breathe and resorted to breaststroke for 200m or so. Eventually, my lungs began to fully inflate, I caught my freestyle rhythm, and made up some ground. Next time I suppose I'll respect the stremf of arctic hydrogen dioxide before I get rocked. Felt like my lungs were the size of clementines.

Getting out of the water wasn't any easier than getting in. I was DIZZY. I had much trouble getting over to my bike. I really wish this could have been filmed. I was staggering like an MSU student on St. Patty's. I couldn't even kneel upright to get my wetsuit off. I kept toppling over. I just kicked out my last leg, grabbed some stuff, and hopped on my Felt. I checked my inventory, and well... Forgot my shot bloks. I still feel brand new to cycling, so I knew this would be bad. The bike course is rolly with a couple huge hills. I crapped out with ~5 miles left and came in 10 minutes behind my goal. BYU's top two finishers, Grand and Ed, eclipsed 60 mph on the huge downhill pictured below. The catch is if you go down something like that, chances are you also have to go up something like that. The run just felt awesome. I fueled up with shot bloks and collected roadkill.

No comments:

Post a Comment